The Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA) is a not-for-profit trade association whose membership consists of more than 400 of America’s foremost womenswear, menswear, jewelry and accessory designers. CFDA membership is by invitation only.
The mission of the Council of Fashion Designers of America is:
- To further the position of Fashion design as a recognized branch of American art and culture;
- To advance artistic and professional standards within the Fashion industry;
- To establish and maintain a code of ethics and practices of mutual benefit in professional, public, and trade relations;
- To promote and improve public understanding and appreciation of the Fashion arts through leadership in quality and taste;
- To create partnerships which lead to collaborative design opportunities for our Members;
- To support the overall growth of American Fashion as a global industry.
The CFDA foundation, Inc. is a separate not-for-profit organization, which was created to raise funds for charity and industry activities.